Saturday, July 28, 2007

The true cost of adopting from China

When we first began the process of adopting from China, the wait from log in to being matched was about 8 months. The most recent set of matches waited over 20 months and the wait continues to grow. When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping!!! Those of you who know me are aware that my shopping obsession is shoes. (and now the whole blogisphere knows too!)

I have acquired no fewer than 14 pair of shoes since our dossier was logged in. 'Nuff said!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, those are cool! How comfy are the crocs? I have missed your posts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
For some reason I always remembered that about you... the love for shoes. You told me that years and years ago, and I always remembered it. Hope you two are doing well. The weather is blistering here in Michigan. Uncle Jim is working at the golf course today. He will come home pretty tired for sure. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue to wait for your blessing.
Michele's life is a whirlwind since adopting these 4 children 3 months ago. They are in Washington state now and will be going to Disney in a couple of weeks. We had such a great time at the family picnic. Everyone but Duane was able to make it. Maybe next year you can come and bring your new additon to the family as well.
Sending my love,
Aunt Lavonna