Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Tis the night before Christmas...

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring but my computer and mouse.
The family's all sleeping and snoring in bed
but I've got my Christmas thoughts bouncing around in my head,
Then I had a light bulb up there in my nogger
I'd put my Christmas thoughts out on my blogger...

OK, I guess that's the extent of my creativity this late Christmas eve. But I can't sleep for thinking tonight of those who are with me and those who are not.

For those who are with me, Merry Christmas to my family and friends whom I've gotten to visit during this Christmas tour. My love and prayers are with my cousins C & M as they continue their own adoption journey. And with other cousins who are increasing their families the old fashoned way. To my aunts and uncles, I love you even when I don't tell you. To my mom, dad and brother, you mean so much to me.

For those who are not with me, my heart grieves. For my family out west, I deeply wish we could be together. To my hunny B, the love of my life, I wish you a safe and happy holiday so far from home. To the child I have yet to meet, I already love you more than you can imagine. I send to you the words to a song by Third Day, called simply, Merry Christmas.

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are
But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine
It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas
As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow
But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here
It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas
Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with him above
It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll tell you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The song is beautiful. I bet you had to get some tissues the first time you heard it. I know we would like nothing better than to tell our little baby Merry Christmas in person next year.

B