Thursday, January 25, 2007

Half a song

Today, we held a ceremony for two reservists killed in action in Iraq. They died, as they lived, as Soldiers. My thoughts go out to their families who will feel the loss most acutely. I hope you will take time to think about the military men and women who have answered the call to duty and are serving their country in this effort. A reading from today's ceremony:

If you would know the reason why
But half a song I bring
I have -- alas, I must reply --
But half a song to sing
It was in battle that he fell
In pain I had to learn
The Soldier that I loved so well
My friend, will not return

2 comments:

Special K said...

Hi Donna, hopefully he'll be back in a few months. I can't wait to see him again.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Every single day. My students and I just wrote Valentine's to the soliders serving in Afghanistan. We hope a little piece of Canada makes them feel the love we have for them.