Thursday, November 29, 2007

Random update


Sorry I kinda disappeared for the past week and a half. I guess I was too busy living life to blog about it. So here are some updates on vairous topics of our life in a fairly random order.
Thanksgiving My parents and brother came to visit for the weekend. This meant I cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner myself for the first time. On Friday we had our family Christmas gift exchange since we won't all be together in December. It was worth doing it early to be able to see people open their gifts in person.

China Adoption Program The rumors are predicting only a handful of days' referrals this month. Sending prayers to all those waiting familys and hoping this news doesn't send anyone over the brink.

When will be be matched? No news from our agency. We are praying that we will be matched with the right child and the right time. (And praying that we will have patience to wait for that). I try never to pray for patience because God always seems to send me a situation to test my patience. But since the situation is already here, I guess I'd better pray.

GraceFlock We're heading off tomorrow to another concert and workshop.

Third Fridays: Southside! Watch for more info on a place on the South side of Atlanta where families thinking about adopting, are in the process of adopting or who already have adopted a child from China could go to connect with one another. If you're on the south side of Atlanta, save the date: January 18, 2008.

Sorry to be so totally random, but I was afraid if I didn't get all these thoughts out of my head and onto the page, they'd be lost forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you are starting a group! I love it!

Glad you are well. Hoping to see you at FF.