We've been tagged!!! Here are our answers:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually paper, but use gift bags when the present calls for one.
2. Real tree or artificial? We have an artificial tree because we leave it up so long a real one would be a fire hazard. (Though tree-cutting with Micah has been recommended for next year).
3. When do you put up your tree? The day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? MLK weekend
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, please. With rum. :)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hubby: electric football game (the kind that vibrates and the men move) Wifey: Close-N-play phonograph (played 45's)
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Several. We have a large wooden set, a ceramic Bumpkins Nativity and a crystal nativity set.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother cuz if he wants it, he buys it himself.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Mom, the only problem is that I see so much I know she'd like, I want to buy out the store!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Basket of partially used hotel shampoos and soaps.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail Christmas cards!!!!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life, Muppet Christmas Carol and Holiday Inn (it's impossible to chose just one).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. But not *your* gift, of course.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies, Mom K's white chocolate covered pretzels.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Merry Christmas by Third Day; Mary Did you Know
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. I've almost never woken up in my own bed on Christmas morning.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, more eggnog, please!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year we have a bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually exchange gifts with each other before we travel and have various exchanges with family and friends whenever we are together..
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and crabby salespeople in the stores.
23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? We pose for one big family picture along with pictures of each family with all assorted children.
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Overkill on the lighted Christmas statuary (you know the house -- there's one in every town -- with 87 lighted elves, Santas and reindeer!)
25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Theme trees are beautiful, but we prefer homey trees with all kinds of things collected through the years.
26. What does Christmas mean to you? It's a love story that began in Genesis, was revealed in the Nativity and continues to this day.