Friday, March 14, 2008

Anniversary Dinner with my boys

It was a pleasure to spend our third anniversary together with our forever family. It's funny how having a child changes your priorities and practices. I often make sure there is a sappy card and a gift for HunnyB. This year I had nothing for him. He wrote me an anniversary note on the refrigerator note pad (points for creativity!). Usually, we go out for a steak dinner on our anniversary. This year we decided to eat in. The boys grilled steaks and Mama made veggies and rice (a new staple in our diet). It's a different kind of romance, but I wouldn't trade this anniversary for anything!

Here are my boys grilling in the back yard:

6 comments:

Ron said...

Happy Anniversary! I am jealous that you are able to grill in March!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to our dear friends. It is surprising how quickly rice has become a new staple in our diet as well

Michael

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great dinner with the people you love.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Life certainly changes, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Our first anniversary home, my best friend offered to take Cady while we went to dinner, and both DH and I said no. It was too much fun being WITH her.
Some might think it's strange, but it's been two years, and we still enjoy spending time with her. We haven't left her to go out at night alone yet. And we have no desire to.
Looks like little Micah is adjusting well. So glad to see you with your forever family.

Julie said...

Isn't it great to skip the romance and finally enjoy the parenting? What sweet pics of hubby and Micah!