Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hooah!


For those of you not acqainted with the word, here's the definition of hooah!

hooah (hoo ah) adj., adv., n., v., conj., interj., excla. [Orig. unknown] Slang. 1. Referring to or meaning anything and everything except "no". 2. What to say when at a loss for words. 3.a. Good copy. b. Roger. c. Solid copy. d. Good. e. Great. f. Message received. g. Understood. h. Acknowledged. 4.a. Glad to meet you. b. Welcome. 5. "All right!" 6.a. I don't know the answer, but I'll check on it. b. I haven't the foggiest idea. 7. I am not listening. 8. "That is enough of your drivel; sit down!" 9. Yes. 10. "You've got to be kidding me!" 11. Thank you. 12. Go to the next slide. 13. You've taken the correct action. 14. I don't know what that means, but I'm too embarassed to ask for clarification. 15. Squared away (He's pretty hooah.) 16. Amen!

Today was the Hooah Race. A 5k/10k run/walk hosted by Ft. Mac and the surrounding communities.

Hubby was in charge of transportation for the race - bussing runners from post to the start line and returning folks to their cars after the run was complete. This meant arriving at 0430 (yikes!) and working until everything was done. He did an excellent job of keeping things organized. I tagged along and tried to make myself useful.

I took the time to walk the 5k. I walked with some of my friends from work. It felt good to exercise and to be part of this event. My friend, V took third place in her age group! (I didn't come in last, at least.)

It's neat how the Army combines early morning exercise with a family event. At the finish line, there were static displays of Apache, Blackhawk and Chinook helicopters and a climbing wall and laser rifle ranges for the Soldier wannabe's. HB and I were even involved in handing out awards for the tot trot (a 25 yard dash for the little ones). He got such a charge out of hanging the medal around each little one's neck. He's going to be such a good daddy.

After securing multiple vans, we headed home for a much-needed nap!

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

My cousin Brian joined the Army Reserves a few months back and is going to Kuwait in a few days. He was a Marine for four years and finished his tour of duty three years ago. He recently decided he wanted to go back into the military. I guess it is in his blood!

Sounds like a great event!

Unknown said...

Mark would have run in this if he knew about it I bet. He ran in the Army 10 Miler in DC last October and is gearing up for the Peachtree.

Hooah to you guys for participating!

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun!