Friday, June 15, 2007

Random Rant

Just some random things that are eating at me:

Target’s new ads have the theme of something-less, e.g. breath-less, time-less, limit-less. Fine. Why must they bastardize the English language to create fabu-less, marve-less? Does that not mean less fab and marv? How will our children ever learn to spell?

Why does blogger not remember me, even though I consistently check the little box when I log in? Is this a perverse experiment to see how many time I'll check the little box?

Why is the Army phasing out the Class A/B uniform (dress greens for all you civilians) and making Soldiers wear Dress Blues as their only dress uniform? Don’t ask me why this one bugs me so much.

There, now I feel better.

4 comments:

amy said...

these things I do not know but I do know that I love to visit your blog..I have a square for ya, can you email me you address?

Mark and Rebecca said...

I am with you on the uniform change thing. Mark complains about the velcro patches on the new digital version all the time.

Those uniforms are expensive!

Stacy said...

I can't comment on the uniforms. I am with you on the blogger dump and messing with the English language.

It is so hard to teach spelling as it is now. I even have kids who think it is ok to put the new 'text message' spelling in their writing. Makes me CRAZY.

The only way I have found to get around being kicked off by blogger is go through bloglines. I leave it up and it keeps me connected. :)

C U L8ter! :)

Journey to Mia said...

blogger doesn't remember you because you have your internet settings set to delete your history too soon. Everytime it deletes your history then it loses your stored information- even if you DO hit the "remember me" box.
:)