Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sweet Memories

Today was the farewell luncheon for our pastor's wife. Pastor John is retiring after 35 years at our church. In fact, he started our church as a mission plant. Of course when the pastor retires, so does the wife, or does she? She has her own career as a nurse which she will continue. And I'm sure she will always spread love and joy everywhere she goes. But it won't be at our church. At least not for a while.

Ginnie (I know you read my blog), you are a dear precious friend. You held my hand through my hubby's deployment. When you learned that we were adopting from China, you joined us on that journey. My joy became your joy, my fear your fear, and my frustrations, your frustrations. The countless hours you listened to me pine away for the child I had yet to meet. The joy in your voice when you learned that we received our referral. When we reached the top of the elevator at ATL upon arriving home from China with Micah, yours was one of the first faces we saw.

This is one of my favorite pictures. It depicts two incredible ladies who have shaped my life: Ginnie and my mom.

No comments: