Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mama Angst

We are counting down the days to Micah's surgery. On Tuesday, he will have surgery in an attempt to improve his speech. They will either do a pharyngeal flap or a sphincter pharyngoplasty. This surgery has been a tough call for me. The surgery to close his palate was a no-brainer. It had to be done. This one is harder to accept. It should improve his speech, but his speech has been steadily improving anyways. We finally decided that we have to trust the experts who are telling us that this is necessary.

We haven't really told Micah that the surgery will be happening. I guess he'll figure it out on Tuesday. He hates doctors and is adamant that he doesn't need surgery. I hope that this doesn't make him too angry and that he recovers quickly mentally as well as physically.

If you think about it, say a prayer for my baby and for me and Bruce on Tuesday.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Big prayers being said for sweet Micah. We are here for the three of you, always. Hang in there my friend....
Warmest hugs to you~

Kim said...

Best of luck. Talk to Donna. Shelby's speech improved almost immediately. Will be thinking about you.

Unknown said...

We will certainly pray for him and for you. Hugs to you.

Katie said...

I will most definitely pray. It's a hard call, but it's probably for the best!!

The Evans Family said...

Prayers for all of you!

Lindy D. said...

I'm just reading this on Tuesday PM, so am hoping that all went well today. I think you did the right thing by trusting the experts. I am praying for you all and looking forward to updates as time allows. God bless.