Monday, November 27, 2006

The Rumor Roller Coaster


Wheeeee!!!!! Roller coasters are fun. But I don't like to ride the rumor roller coaster. For those of you who are blissfully ignorant, there's a website, called In Search of Rumors, hosted by the Rumor Queen (RQ). RQ is an adoptive mom who monitors all manner of rumors related to China adoptions. Before you visit the site, I have to warn you. RQ, like the latest greatest roller coaster, is not for the faint of heart.

There appears to be a strong rumor that referrals will arrive later this week. Earlier this week the rumor was that this month's referrals would include all LIDs from September 2005. Over the weekend, the rumors turned pessimistic, saying that they would most likely not include September 12 or later. And the roller coaster is off and running again!

Obviously, how far they get each month will impact when we finally get our referral. The most recent batch of referrals came nearly 15 months after LID. If they don't refer entire months of LIDs, the wait time will necessarily increase. I monitor the rumors so we won't be surprised as the wait time fluctuates.

It's like when I was a kid. I loved to watch roller coasters, but I was terrified to actually get on the ride. (Ask my dad!) At this point in our journey, it's not too difficult to let the ride go by without getting caught up in the ups and downs of the rumors. As our time draws near, it will be more difficult to keep myself a spectator of the rumor roller coaster.

No comments: