Today's recipe comes courtesy of Allrecipes.com. I doubled the original amount of spinach in order to get more veggies into my boys. They both love this one!
Crust-less Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.