Saturday, August 02, 2008

Big Family Picnic

One of my favorite activities growing up was going to a picnic with the "big family." That's what we called my Mom's family and it included her parents (my granparents, of course), her siblings and all of their kids (the cousins). On Saturday we got to go to a big family picnic. At this point, the cousins are nearly all married and having kids of their own. Micah really enjoyed getting to know his cousins, aunts and uncles.

A big family tradition is the pictures of each of each family with their associated children so you can see how the family grows. This was the first year that my mom and dad got to have a grandchild in the picture. I think they look pretty happy about that!
Aunt Lois brought popsicles for the young ones. Micah wanted a green one.
Here's the whole crew. Can you believe how the family is growing?

No comments: